25. Kühnau Landscape Park, Grosskühnau Palace and garden
Kühnau Landscape Park is a classical landscape park from the early 19th century and is in scenic location on the southern shore of Lake Kühnau. The Italian Weinberg Villa is the highlight design of the park. The neo-classical Kühnau Palace and the neo-Romanesque/Byzantine church are also integrated into the park's design. The park is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Dessau-Wörlitz Garden Kingdom.
The palace was completed in 1780 for Prince Albert of Anhalt-Dessau (1750-1811). It was built in a very simple and solid style for its time. Since 1998, it has been home to the Kulturstiftung DessauWörlitz (Culture Foundation DessauWörlitz ).
The long narrow park is a classic landscape park of the early 19th century. Starting in 1805, Crown Prince Friedrich of Anhalt-Dessau (1769-1814) redesigned the park, hearkening back to older landscaping styles. The garden is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and forms the western end of the Dessau-Wörlitz Garden Kingdom.
The partially restored garden with orchards and vineyard show the original character of the garden. An important viewpoint in the park is the Weinberg Villa built by Carlo Ignazio Pozzi (1766-1846) between 1818 and 1820. Other smaller structures and sculptures complete the garden design.